Cogeneration (COGEN) Plant
Duration: 2006 – 2008
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Project Type: Electrical, Instrumentation
Sector: Oil and Gas
Scope of Work
Cahill installed all electrical and instrumentation systems in the COGEN Plant including several buildings for Fuel Gas, Boiler Feed Water, Auxiliary Heat Boiler, and Turbine and Heat Recovery. Responsibilities included:
- Power distribution equipment and cabling.
- Interior and exterior lighting and small power systems including road light posts and underground wiring.
- Electrical Heat Tracing (EHT) equipment including exterior pipelines.
- Instrumentation and control equipment and wiring including all Delta-V DCS cabinets, PLCs, fiber optic communication systems.
- Electrical and control hook up for utility systems including HVAC, CCTV, and fire alarm systems.
- Pre-commissioning of all systems.
- Commissioning and startup.
- Extensive coordination activity with multiple site contractors to integrate other work scopes.
- Safely performed work activities at higher elevations (30 – 100ft).
- Worked closely with client to resolve construction issues related to incomplete engineering.