Riverhead Wastewater Treatment Plant
Client/Owner: City of St. John’s
Type: Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Systems Integration, and Start up and Commissioning
Sector: Water Treatment
Duration: 2006 – 2009
Location: St. John’s, NL
The Riverhead Wastewater Treatment Facility is a conventional primary treatment plant designed to treat wastewater for a population of 160,000.
Scope of Work
Construction of the primary treatment plant and harbour inceptor sewer, expansion of the pumping station, and additions to the existing diffused outfall. Cahill’s responsibilities included:
- Mechanical equipment including piping, pumps, tanks, conveyors, hoppers, and centrifuges.
- Building mechanical systems, including HVAC and domestic water.
- Chlorine and digester gas systems.
- Electrical, instrumentation, and building control systems.
- Process control and automation.
- Integration, commissioning, and start up activities.
- Installation of mechanical and electrical systems for the control room, laboratory, and office space.
- Installation of sophisticated high pressure piping networks, equipment, and controls to manage waste gas.
- Centralized mechanical and electrical distribution systems routed through an extensive network of underground service tunnels.