St. John’s Long-Term Care Facility
Client/Owner: Marco/Government of NL
Type: Electrical, and Mechanical
Duration: 2010 – 2013
Location: St. John’s, NL
The St. John’s Long-Term Care Facility is a high performance, environmentally-innovative building with two 4-storey residences, a common services building, and a utility building.
Scope of Work
As the prime electrical and mechanical contractor, Cahill was responsible for:
- Supply, installation and commissioning of piping, HVAC and electrical systems.
- Installation of a 100-well central geothermal heat pump system.
- Power distribution, lighting, and vital power requirements .
- System installation for telecommunications, nurse call, patient wandering, and medical gas.
- Sophisticated electrical systems for power distribution and emergency power supply.
- Complex mechanical systems for optimal energy conservation.
- Developed detailed tracking and planning systems using forecasting modules and schedule.
- Integrated subcontractor work activities, personnel, and materials, leading to decreased downtime and cost.
- Implemented a computerized piping and HVAC design layout to improve installation efficiency and maintenance.
- Reduced installation time during construction.