Wuskwatim Generation Project
Client: Manitoba Hydro
Type: Mechanical, Piping, Electrical, andÂ Instrumentation
Sector: Power Generation
Duration: 2009 – 2012
Location: Thompson, MB
Scope of Work
Cahill was awarded a contract to complete the electrical and mechanical balance of plant systems, including installation and pre-commissioning of:
- Service station power distribution equipment.
- Isolated phase bus systems.
- Air, lube oil, fire suppression, dewatering, cooling water systems.
- All ancillary components.
- Design builds for several systems including 125VDC emergency power, security, lighting and HVAC controls, fire detection and suppression, and water treatment.
- All systems fully installed and commissioned by Cahill their local mechanical subcontractor, Derksen Mechanical Services.
- Successful schedule recovery following significant delay of civil works.
- Achieved unit power generation milestones.